Thursday, June 3, 2010

First day of school

My younger daughter started school last week. She is 3 years old and now goes to Pre-Nursery. Am I happy or am I sad? Its hard to say - my feelings are mixed.

On the one hand, I am happy for her - she'll get to meet new people, make new friends and learn a lot of stuff. But at the same time, I am saddened by this new phase in her life. I have got so used to having her around me- calling out to me at every step, every minute and every hour of the day; following me around like a faithful little puppy. I will miss those small, warm hands holding mine, the cute eyes filling with wonderment, and the happiness and surprise that fills her face at the silliest of things! Oh, I will miss all those small moments that I shared with her over the last 3 years.

Apart from missing her, I also feel bad that her life will now be more governed by the round device hanging on the wall - the clock - day in and day out, she'll have to get up by a certain time, get ready, rush to school, get back home, take a nap,....

Oh well, such is life. Anyway, on the positive front, she does not cry when I drop her at school. The first few weeks can be a torture for both the child and the parent (and of course the teacher too!) but luckily, she has taken to school like a fish to water. I guess the second child is more eager to see and experience what the elder brother/ sister gets to do at school!

Again, such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment